Friday, June 3, 2016

Namor is back!

In recent years Namor has been one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe. Mainly because of his role in the New Avengers during the Marvel Now era. if you have not read the Hickman Avengers books from that era I highly recommend it. With the news today that Namor is back in the hands of Marvel for the MCU it makes me very excited for what is to come.

















With the arrival of Namor back in the MCU and the Black Panther movie getting under way shortly my hope is that we will seen the comic book rivalry brought to the silver screen. The conflict between those two characters as leaders of their respective nations was great to see and added a lot of depth to both of them. We got to see how far each of them were willing to go in New Avengers and it was pretty surprising. So if that can get translated to film I think we are all in for a treat. I personally hope they do not soften his character too much for the movies. He is a arrogant , sarcastic , king of a nation which I know for some was hard to swallow (I am looking at you Ian) , but i loved it and i think he grew on others too. Adding more royalty into the MCU could just open up a lot of story possibilities on top of a entire new society to explore in the MCU. So let me know what you guys think and if you have read anything with Namor in it? What is your favorite story line with him?



No comments:

Post a Comment